B 3 - espresso blend
To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 23:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.
B 3 - espresso blend - dark roast
This espresso roast is a very traditional dark roast. To give it its classical note, we for the first time used Robusta coffee beans as part of this blend. It's acidity is super low, it is very easy to handle, suitable for all automatic coffeemakers or manually operated coffee machines as well as the Bialetti espresso maker. So for all those who like their coffee classic, dark and strong, the B3 is the way to go.
Dark chocolate, cocoa, dark caramel and molasses flavors with notes of brown spice and whiskey. It has a good and strong body, a full mouthfeel and a very low acidity.
Brewing advice for a double espresso on portafilter machines:
- Coffee grounds: 18 g / 0,63 oz
- Water temp: 94 °C / 201,02 °F
- Shot time: 30 sec
- Beverage weight: 34 g / 1,20 oz
- Distribute grounds evenly to avoid channeling.
- Use filtered water for better results.
- Beans should degas 6 days from the roast date.
More info on this coffee:
Part 1: 70% Toucan, Cerrado, Brazil:
Cerrado Minero is a region in the state of Minas Gerais, which is situated in the southeast of the country. The coffee production in this region is high thanks to the relatively flat landscape and ideal climatic conditions. The coffee is known for its intense aroma and its nutty and slightly sweet cup profile.
- Region: Cerrado Minero, Minas Gerais
- Growing altitude: 1.000 m.a.s.l.
- Arabica variety: Mundo Novo, Catuaí, Caturra
- Processing: Natural
- Flavour: Milk chocolate, nougat, roasted hazelnut
- Body: full
- Acidity: smooth
Part 2: 10 % Mandheling, Indonesia, Sumatra - semi-washed, grade 1, organic
Sumatra Mandheling is grown on the lofty, volcanic slopes of Mount Leuser, near the port of Padang in west-central Sumatra 900-1600 meters above sea level. The coffee is wet-hulled and sun-dried which is the traditional Sumatran method of coffee processing called "Giling bashah". In the cup it has a medium to rich body, a winey acidity, herbal and spicy notes with flavors of chocolate and tobacco.
- Region: Sumatra, Indonesia
- Growing altitude: 900 – 1.600 m.a.s.l.
- Arabica variety: Typica
- Milling process: semi-washed
- Flavour: dark chocolate, anise, almond, tobacco, blackberry
- Body: full
- Acidity: smooth, winey
Part 3: 20 % Parchment AB Robusta, Idukki, India - washed:
This organic certified Parchment AB comes from the Idukki region near the city of Kerala, India. The cherries come together from various small farmers in the region who are part of the Manarcadu Social Service Society (MASS). The cooperative, which has a membership of 837 small farmers, was established in 2001 with the aim of helping the community of farmers adapt to sustainable agricultural practices and thereby earn a better living while contributing to a better environment.
- Region: Idukki, India
- Producer: MASS cooperative
- Growing altitude: 700 m.a.s.l.
- Variety: Robusta, hand picked
- Milling process: washed
- Flavour: milk chocolate, sweet, cereal
- Body: full, strong
- Acidity: low, pleasant
For your planning please note: To ensure freshness, all orders received by Sunday 23:00 h are roasted on Monday and shipped on Tuesday.